CFAN is advancing how we all understand and respond to fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. We lead through community engagement, funding stewardship,
and FASD advocacy.
CFAN aims to reduce the incidence of FASD and ensure people who are affected by FASD are able to lead positive, fulfilling lives.
Resources & Support
If you are a person with FASD or your life has been touched by someone with FASD, CFAN can help connect you to information and services.
- Visit the Service Directory to find FASD programs and services.
- E-mail our Network Resource Worker or call 403-681-2673 for information and referrals.
- Apply for the Empowerment Fund, a bursary for individuals, families and caregivers impacted by FASD.
Subscribe to CFAN's monthly newsletter and updates here
Invitation to Participate!
The ALBERTA FASD FAMILY ADVISORY COUNCIL is looking for participants for their study on inclusive employment. To participate and share your family experiences with employment supports for adults with FASD. Please contact Kevin Veenstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 451 3055 ext. 408. Interviews can be done in person or over the phone.
2016-17 CFAN Community Impact Report How many individuals and families were served by CFAN service partners? How did they benefit from programs? How does CFAN engage the Calgary and area community to better serve everyone impacted by FASD? Read the report to find out.
Wood's Homes FASD Support Program is now taking referrals! This program includes new caregiver groups and family mentoring. See here for more details.
FASD Training & Education
FASD is the most common preventable developmental disability. If your organization or workplace offers care, services or products to members of the public, you interact with people who have FASD. CFAN offers workshops to help you understand
- FASD and its causes and effects on health and behaviour
- strategies for supporting individuals with FASD to succeed
- for health providers, how to support women in preventing FASD