CFAN is advancing how we all understand and respond to fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. We lead through community engagement, funding stewardship,
and FASD advocacy.
CFAN aims to reduce the incidence of FASD and ensure people who are affected by FASD are able to lead positive, fulfilling lives.
Resources & Support
If you are a person with FASD or your life has been touched by someone with FASD, CFAN can help connect you to information and services.
- Visit the Service Directory to find FASD programs and services.
- E-mail our Network Resource Worker or call 403-681-2673 for information and referrals.
- Apply for the Empowerment Fund, a bursary for individuals, families and caregivers impacted by FASD.
Subscribe to CFAN's monthly newsletter and updates here
FASD Day pics! See them here.
Parenting Together and Fathers Moving Forward - programs for co-parenting and new fathers ages 16 - 26 offered by Catholic Family Services. Start dates Sept. 20 & 21 respectively. See more
September 20 - Webcasts this day include The FASD Strategic Plan - An Update and The Role of the Public Guardian. See here for more information.
October 18 & 19 - Cass is offering the Class 7 Learner's Permit Instruction Workshop. See here for info and how to register.
Wood's Homes FASD Support Program is now taking referrals! This program includes new caregiver groups and family mentoring. See here for more details.
FASD Training & Education
FASD is the most common preventable developmental disability. If your organization or workplace offers care, services or products to members of the public, you interact with people who have FASD. CFAN offers workshops to help you understand
- FASD and its causes and effects on health and behaviour
- strategies for supporting individuals with FASD to succeed
- for health providers, how to support women in preventing FASD