CFAN is advancing how we all understand and respond to fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. We lead through community engagement, funding stewardship,
and FASD advocacy.
CFAN aims to reduce the incidence of FASD and ensure people who are affected by FASD are able to lead positive, fulfilling lives.
Resources & Support
If you are a person with FASD or your life has been touched by someone with FASD, CFAN can help connect you to information and services.
- Visit the Service Directory to find FASD programs and services.
- E-mail our Network Resource Worker or call 403-681-2673 for information and referrals.
- Apply for the Empowerment Fund, a bursary for individuals, families and caregivers impacted by FASD.
Subscribe to CFAN's monthly newsletter and updates here
Wood's Homes FASD Support Program is now taking referrals! This program includes new caregiver groups and family mentoring. See here for more details.
August 13 - Umbrella 4 Life is hosting an FASD run/walk. Check here for details.
Job opportunity! Calgary John Howard Society is hiring for a full time Extended FASD Support Program position. See here for more information and how to apply.
Enviros's Care Connection Summer Daycamp & Respite - See here for more information.
FASD Training & Education
FASD is the most common preventable developmental disability. If your organization or workplace offers care, services or products to members of the public, you interact with people who have FASD. CFAN offers workshops to help you understand
- FASD and its causes and effects on health and behaviour
- strategies for supporting individuals with FASD to succeed
- for health providers, how to support women in preventing FASD